Medi-spas, locations that can offer everything from facials and hair removal to pharmaceutical injections and other medical procedures, are proliferating across the country. Medi-spas may be located in a physician's office, or in non-traditional locations such as shopping malls, store fronts and beauty salons.
While most are putting extensive safety measures in place, we understand that some patients will prefer to delay treatment or conduct a video visit. For these patients, many are offering remote care options in the form of virtual appointments and consultations.
- Social distancing techniques that include fewer patients and providers in the offices
- Protective barriers at reception desks and one-way traffic throughout the office
- Staff wearing personal protective equipment at all times
- Staff assessing patients for COVID-19 risks prior to coming into the office
- Temperature checks for all patients prior to being seen
- Monitoring any employee and /or patient COVID-19 cases or exposure
- Sanitation and disinfection of common and high-traffic areas
- The client’s temperature is taken using a no-touch digital thermometer.
- If the client has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, s/he will be asked to leave the premises immediately. Clients can reschedule their appointment when they have gone at least 48 hours without fever. (Clients can also return with a physician’s note indicating they are symptom-free. )
- After clients leave the testing area, staff members wearing gloves will immediately sanitize the chair, the door handles, and any other area that the client may have touched. The staff member will then dispose of the gloves in the hazardous materials disposal receptacle.